Elite Health Evaluation
Take your annual medical exam to the next level of preventive, personalized care.
A premium medical experience, the Elite Health Exam goes beyond traditional disease-risk screening to not only detect potential health risks in their earliest stages before they become a risk to you, but also measure your true biological age and provide strategies to increase your lifespan and healthspan.
Early detection of disease can not only mean a longer life, but a more productive and independent life.
We provide a no obligation initial consultation to explain the program, answer your questions and ensure the Elite Health Evaluation is right for you.
Prior to your exam, we will perform a blood draw at your initial consultation in advance of your exam in the convenience of our clinic and complete a personalized health questionnaire that enables us to customize the examination and ensure that all your needs and concerns are addressed.
- In depth review of your medical history, lifestyle and current concerns
- Complete physical examination: Including cardiovascular, respiratory, head and neck, breast/pelvic examination, neurological, abdominal, musculoskeletal and pap smear (for women)
- Complete blood profile: Including blood count, electrolytes, kidney function, pancreatic function, hormone testing, C reactive protein, diabetes screening, liver function, cholesterol, thyroid function, and PSA (for men)
- PhysioAge Assessment, which assesses the biological age of your brain function, lung function, arterial stiffness and skin elasticity, which in aggregate provide a comparative biological age to your chronological age
- Electrocardiogram (EKG), to assess the function of your heart
- Carotid Intima Media Thickness Test (CIMT), the most advanced method of detecting risk for cardiovascular disease earlier
- VO2 Max testing to assess your physical fitness and determine your optimum exercise intensity level
- Bone density testing to screen for osteoporosis
- InBody 570 comprehensive body composition assessment and metabolic analysis
- Vision and hearing screening
- Dermatologic screening- examining the skin over your whole body, looking for suspicious growths, moles, or lesions.
- Visia Assessment, where cross-polarized and UV lighting are used to record and measure surface and subsurface skin facial conditions
- Dietary, nutritional and physical fitness counseling and supplement recommendations based on your lifestyle and test results
- Same day reporting – meet with your examining physician at the end of your exam to review your results and discuss recommendations
Your examining physician may refer you for additional diagnostic tests or to a specialist should conditions present or if warranted. These services are provided by referral to private specialist partners (extra fee) or to Alberta Health and may include:
- Coronary computed tomography (CT) angiography, a simple, non-invasive method of examining the coronary vessels that supply blood to the heart.
- Echocardiogram, an ultrasound test is done at rest to fully assess your heart size, valves and pumping efficiency.
- Exercise stress test, to record and evaluate the heart’s activity during exercise; it allows detection of any potential and silent problems with established coronary artery disease.
- Lung Scan, a very accurate means of detecting small lung cancers before they become symptomatic or before they become visible on standard chest X-rays.
- Mammogram, for detecting breast cancer
- DNA genetic testing, reporting on over 100 traits and conditions including inherited conditions and traits, genetic risk factors and drug response.
- Virtual Colonoscopy, which overcomes the risks associated with conventional colonoscopy.
- Abdominal/pelvic ultrasound or x-ray
- Physiological counseling with a registered Phycologist
- Physical fitness counseling with a certified Personal Trainer
Elite Health Evaluation Benefits:
- Feel confident and empowered to take action to improve your lifestyle and health
- Experience quality time with your examining physician in a relaxed, focused and unrushed environment
- Decreasing the risk of age-related diseases by detecting potential health risks at their earliest stages using some of the most leading-edge screening and diagnostic equipment available in Canada
- Gain the knowledge and tools to understand your health and health risks
- If you are not a member of our Elite Health Management Program, take home a personalized report and action plan that you can share with your GP